An India eVisa for German citizens can now be obtained exclusively online through a simplified digital application process. It is the quickest and most efficent way to get a visa for India form Germany.
The aim of the India e-Visa is to facilitate the Indian Visa for German Citizens process for travelers wishing to enjoy a short-term stay in the country. It removes the need to wait in long immigration lines to apply for a visa on arrival or visit an Indian diplomatic mission in person to obtain a travel document.
The e-Visa for India for German citizens can easily be obtained online in a matter of minutes by completing a simple electronic form. Learn about the requirements you need to meet to apply for an India visa online from Germany below.
Do I Need a Visa to Go to India from Germany?
Yes, the Indian visa policy states that all German passport holders must have an approved visa to travel to India, no matter the purpose of the visit or the length of the intended stay.
Therefore, an India visa for German citizens is required for both short-term and long-term stays and every type of travel purpose, including for tourism, business, or to work or study. Fortunately, it is now possible to obtain an online visa for India from Germany for a range of motives and periods of stay.
What is an India eVisa for German Citizens and What Does It Do?
An India eVisa for German passport holders is available as 3 different visa types:
- Tourist e-Visa: A multiple-entry tourist visa that permits a stay of up to 90 days with each entry, valid for 1 year from approval. Also available as a double-entry tourist visa that allows a total stay of 30 days.
- Business e-Visa: Available for business activities such as to attend meetings and conferences, recruit staff, or sign contacts in India. A multiple entry visa that allows a total stay of 180 days, valid for 1 year from issue.
- Medical e-Visa: May be issued as either a visa for patients seeking medical treatment in India, or as a visa for up to 2 companions of the patient. It is a triple-entry visa that allows a consecutive stay of 60 days per entry and is valid for 120 days from approval. Available for children as a patient visa only.
German citizens wishing to visit India for other purposes or longer consecutive stays are not eligible for the India e-Visa. Instead, they must submit an embassy visa application at the nearest Indian diplomatic mission in Germany, whether in Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, or Munich.
Documents required for the India eVisa for German Citizens Application
The online India visa requirements for Indian Visa for Canadian Citizens require applicants to have the following documents at hand when submitting an electronic form:
- German passport with a minimum validity of 6 months from the expected date of arrival in India, containing at least 2 blank pages
- Digital image of the passport’s information page
- Digital photograph of the applicant, passport-style
Nevertheless, there are also varying additional documents that must be uploaded depending on the type of e-Visa for India the German applicant requires:
- A business card containing details of the host company in India (Indian Business e-Visa applications only)
- A letter from the hospital or medical center in India where the applicant will receive treatment/serve as a companion (India Medical e-Visa applications only).
Please note that the medical letter must indicate that the patient will receive treatment for a serious condition in India. Accepted treatments include, but are not limited to, neurosurgery, heart surgery, organ transplants, and gene therapy.
Application Steps for the India e-Visa from Germany
To submit an India e-Visa application from Germany, it is necessary to follow 4 simple steps:
- Fill out the electronic form with basic personal details, passport data, and travel information
- Supply a current email address at which to receive the approved electronic visa for India
- Upload the necessary supporting documents in a digital format
- Pay the India e-Visa fee using a valid credit or debit card pre-authorized for online transactions
Before submitting the application for approval, you are also highly advised to carefully check all the information supplied is correct. This is because even small errors in the data provided can result in processing delays or even the refusal of the request for the India visa for Germans.
Travel to India from Germany
After submitting an application, you can expect to receive your approved India e-Visa for German nationals with 48 hours in your email inbox. Nevertheless, as some applications may take longer to process, it is advisable to submit an online form well in advance of your intended date of arrival.
You will then need to print a copy of the approved visa to present to immigration authorities at the Indian border. You also need to present the same passport you used to complete the E-visa form to successfully gain entry to the country.