Double marker tests in pregnancy are performed in order to detect several types of abnormalities. It is one of the most useful screening tests that allow you to learn about the foetus’ healthy development. You can gain crucial insights regarding chromosomal abnormalities in the foetus. Double marker test is solely responsible for checking human chorionic gonadotropin or hCG and pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A.
Apart from that, this test can be performed to check for neurological disorders. You will be able to enlighten yourself about Down’s syndrome or Edward’s sDouble Marker Testyndrome. Women belonging to the age group 35 or more are at higher risk of having complications; therefore, it can be helpful for them.
For more valuable details, all you need to do is take a quick look at this article right away. You will be able to learn about the cost, results, and purposes behind getting this test done. Let’s get started without any further delay.
What Is the Cost of a Double Marker Test?
The cost of the double marker test typically depends on availability, hospital, city, and quality. Check out some of the rough estimations in the following cities at a quick glance:
- Mumbai: Starts at ₹1500
- Delhi: Test cost starts at ₹1231
- Pune: Test costing is around ₹1280
- Hyderabad: Test cost starts at ₹760
- Noida: Test cost starts at ₹1231
You can relocate to your nearby healthcare centres while opting for these tests.
What Are the Results of a Double Marker Test?
The results will be either high, moderate, or low. If your results are screen-negative or low-risk, it means that the result is a normal one. The probability of chromosomal abnormalities in your baby is less. On the other hand, if your result falls in the ‘normal range’ category, healthcare professionals might ask you to opt for some more tests. Double marker test is associated with first-trimester screening that tends to identify some of the specific conditions like trisomy 18, trisomy 13, or Down Syndrome.
Now, your test results can be abnormal as well. If you get exposed to screen-positive or high-risk results, all you need to do is get in touch with a genetic counsellor, and that’s it. They can recommend more invasive tests like NIPT or Noninvasive Prenatal Testing, chorionic villus sampling, or amniocentesis. These pregnancy tests will definitely provide you with definitive outputs.
Thanks to this double market test, gaining information in the initial stage of your pregnancy phase is as smooth as a cakewalk now. You can now make better decisions that are related to medical treatments, further testing, or management of your pregnancy and deliDouble Marker Testvery.
Why Should You Get This Test Done?
This question can be backed by some potential reasons. By performing a double marker test, you can now learn about the following things:
- Down’s Syndrome: Down syndrome can be characterised by chromosomal trisomy 21. This disease is distinguished by various behavioural, cognitive, and medical concerns. Apart from that, opting for a double marker test in pregnancy is helpful in determining whether the baby will deal with excessive skin development and short neck or muscle mass loss.
- Edward Syndrome: Edward syndrome is caused by trisomy 18. It can pose a serious influence on mental health, including different verbal problems or developmental disorders. With double marker tests, identifying these issues is extremely easy now.
- Micrognathia Detection: By choosing this test, you will be able to screen for micrognathia in babies with arched spines and atypical jaws.
- Microcephaly Detection: The double marker test is capable of detecting head defects in the foetus. Infants having Patau syndrome are often exposed to this type of health condition.
Read Blog: Worst And Best Foods For Jaundice Patients
How Are You Supposed to Prepare for the Test?
A double marker test is similar to a blood test. One doesn’t need to alter their lifestyle before appearing for this specific test. You can choose to drink or eat normally; there are no such restrictions. However, if your healthcare provider asks you to follow certain instructions, you should make sure to abide by them.
Before undergoing this test, you must let the examiner learn about your medications or pre-existing allergies. This test initially starts with an ultrasound scan. After that, the nurse collects blood samples and analyses them. Other than that, there are no such requirements to follow before undergoing this double marker test.
What Are the Benefits of a Double Marker Test?
The double marker test has two main benefits. Double marker test helps you to learn about several complications at an early stage. Early detection of abnormalities is possible because of this double marker test.